Patient ombudsman is a promoter of patient rights.
The patient ombudsman:
- advise patients on matters related to the application of the Patients' Act
- guides and assists in issues regarding the implementation of the act on the status and rights of patients and the act on patient injuries, such as submitting complaints about treatment, confidentiality and patient injury suspicions
- distributes information about patient rights and
- instructs the patients to pursue their own interests by other legislative means.
The patient ombudsman does not take a stand on medical decisions.
Contact the patient ombudsman
Tel. 02 313 2399
Mon–Fri from 8:00 am to 3:30 pm.
The telephone is answered by the patient ombudsman in turn. You can leave a call request during the opening hours of the service.
From the recipient menu, select the hospital district of Southwest Finland and the patient ombudsman.
- Tyks Main hospital in Turku: on weekdays
- Tyks Loimaa hospital: first Wednesday of the month
- Tyks Salo hospital: when required
- Tyks Vakka-Suomi hospital: first Monday of the month.
Please book a meeting through the telephone service.
The easiest way to reach the desired patient ombudsman is to submit a contact request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the email is unsecured and it is not recommended to send confidential information.
- Patient ombudsman Päivi Parjanen
- Patient ombudsman Tiia Aaltonen, service also in English
- Leading patient ombudsman (deputy) Hanna Sykkö
Leading patient ombudsman Juhani Laine is absent until 30.4.2023.