Visiting hours at our wards are usually from 1 pm to 7 pm. Consult the personnel of the departments for visits outside visiting hours.
Changes to visiting hours are posted on the web pages of the departments:
- Departments of the Tyks A-hospital
- Departments of the Tyks T-hospital
- Departments of the Tyks U-hospital
- Departments of the Tyks Lighthouse hospital
- Departments of the Tyks Main hospital's area
- Departments of the Tyks Orto Surgical hospital
- Departments of the Tyks Loimaa hospital
- Departments of the Tyks Salo hospital
- Departments of the Tyks Vakka-Suomi hospital
- Departments of the Tyks Turunmaa hospital
The instructions apply to all hospitals at Turku University Hospital (Tyks) from 30 January 2023.
- Follow the instructions you receive from the treatment unit regarding the time of visit and protection.
- Arrive for a visit in good health. If you have respiratory symptoms, you should not arrive for a visit to the hospital.
- Wear a face mask when visiting a patient at inpatient wards.
- Use hand sanitizer when entering and leaving the hospital, ward, and patient room.
In some treatment units, such as intensive care units, visitation rules may be more limited due to the operation of the unit.
In childbirth there can be two support persons in the delivery room and one support person in the Family and Neonatal Ward. Support person and the baby's siblings can visit between 8 am and 8 pm.
In some cases it is possible for the next of kin to stay overnight at the hospital. Ask the ward staff for more information.
We wish that a maximum of two of the next of kin visit the patient at the same time.
Outer clothing should be left in storage in the hospital lobbies. The clothing storage isn't guarded in every hospital.
Suitable presents include, for example, books, magazines and small snacks. Bringing flowers to the wards of Operational Division of Medicine is forbidden.
Our cafés and canteens are at your disposal, and you can buy presents from there as well. See opening hours at the hospital pages.
Avoid visiting if you or anyone in your household are suffering from common cold, cough or any other contagious disease.
Strong perfumes are not suitable in the hospital.
Taking photos in hospital is restricted, please read more about the restrictions.
Dogs that are in service roles are allowed in the hospital, please read more about dogs in the hospital.
Our staff will gladly give more instructions and information about visiting.
- Arriving to Tyks Main hospital area
- Arriving to Tyks Lighthouse hospital
- Arriving to Tyks A-hospital
- Arriving to Tyks T-hospital
- Arriving to Tyks U-hospital
- Arriving to Tyks Orto Surgical hospital
- Arriving to Tyks Turunmaa hospital
- Arriving to Tyks Loimaa hospital
- Arriving to Tyks Salo hospital
- Arriving to Tyks Vakka-Suomi hospital